Having dentures is not an excuse to fall behind on oral care. Even if a patient has no teeth, routine teeth cleanings are essential for health. Like caring for teeth, caring for dentures requires special attention and an excellent oral health care routine.
Taking good care of your mouth and dentures will take you a long way to a healthy mouth and a confident smile.
Cleaning Your Dentures And Mouth
Following these cleaning guidelines will help keep your dentures clean and your mouth healthy:
- Handle dentures with care. Dropping them poses a risk of cracking or damaging them. Do not use hot water on dentures, or you run the risk of warping or misshaping them.
- Always clean your dentures after eating. Washing them with water or giving them a light brushing will help keep food particles from getting under the dentures or stuck to them.
- At the end of the day, clean your dentures with their own soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Clean your mouth, using a different toothbrush to ensure that the gums, tongue, palate, and cheeks are clean. This will keep bacteria build-up at bay and fight off bad breath.
- Soak your dentures overnight to keep them moist and clean.
- Keep up on routine dental visits to ensure that your mouth stays healthy.
Learning the ins and outs of keeping your mouth and dentures clean will help you avoid issues like bad breath, gum disease, and receding gumlines. Contact your local Greeley dentist with questions.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Dentists in Greeley
In need of an exam or check-up for your oral health? Want to investigate the possibility of dentures further? Norco Family Dental is always accepting new patients! Contact our Greeley dentist office today at (970) 356-5277 to schedule an appointment with Dr. BJ Stewart or Dr. Shawn Buffington.